STAR helps adult individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to safely enjoy themselves by participating in recreational activities through daily classes and volunteer opportunities, that build their interpersonal relationship skills, help them to make new friends and utilize communication skills while encouraging them to participate more fully in community life. During the pandemic, STAR offers daily virtual class programming five times daily through their STARcast program. Classes are designed to engage and connect clients while they are unable to meet in person and range in topic from fitness, art, history, gardening and floral arranging, cooking and baking, science, animal care, music, trivia and much more.
For more information contact Kari Ryan, Director of Employment and Day Services, email@example.com (203) 846-9581 x313
Local Transportation Resources
*FISH (Feel I Should Help)
Norwalk: Tel. (203) 229-9727
Wilton: Tel. (203) 834-3737
Provides transportation for medical appointments, other emergency
circumstances for handicapped and elderly who are unable to take bus/train.
Must be ambulatory and must be resident of desired town of transport.
Call answering service 24- 48 hours in advance.
*FISH is not operating during COVID
*People to Places
915 Housatonic Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06604
Tel. (203) 336-4806 Fax (203) 384-9830
Door-to-door transportation for elderly and handicapped;
Prior registration; 24 hrs. advance scheduling; nominal fee.
*People to Places is not operating during COVID
Norwalk Transit District
Norwalk Transit District, 275 Wilson Ave, Norwalk, CT 06854
Tel. (203) 852-0000
- Dispatch-A-Ride: door-to-door transportation for the elderly and handicapped persons for all ages who are unable to use fixed route bus, nominal fee within Norwalk.
- Easy Access: Within the CT transit, Stamford division service area, for qualified persons with a disability who are unable to use the CT transit public bus service.
- Stamford Senior Transportation: Within Stamford, for seniors who are at least 60 years of age for group shopping trips or nutrition site transportation.
- Westport Door-to-Door: Within Westport for qualified persons with a disability who are unable to use the Westport public bus service. (Elderly service provided for seniors who are at least 65 years of age)
- Town-to-Town: Intertown services for qualified persons with a disability who are residents of Westport, Norwalk, Wilton or New Canaan.
Westport Transit District
Tel. (203) 299-5170
See Norwalk Transit District.
180 School Road, Wilton, CT 06897
Tel. (203) 834-6235
Door-to-door transportation for elderly and handicapped persons.
Advanced Wheels of Technology, Inc.
(formerly New England Wheels, West)
15F International Drive East Grandby, CT 06026-0908
Tel. (860) 653-8064 or Fax: (860) 653-4331
Email John Quandt (President): firstname.lastname@example.org
Van modifications for drivers or passengers.
Has access to new and used full-size vans and drop floor mini-vans.
The Braun Corporation, Inc.
Tel. (800) THE-LIFT
Has a large selection of converted Entervans,
wheelchair lifts for vans, and car top wheelchair carriers.